- Level: New characters start at level 8.
- Race: While racial mechanics are almost entirely the same, many interactions are different. Please check out the races link before deciding upon a race. It would also be a good idea to check out the campaign premise before creating your character.
- Classes and Powers:
- No essentials classes allowed.
- Themes are allowed, but must be pre-approved by the DM.
- Backgrounds are allowed.
- Your character receives a free Lorean cantrip power.
- Essentials feats are allowed.
- At level 1, you receive a free old-style (that is, pre-Essentials) expertise feat.
- At level 6, you receive the Improved Defences feat for free.
- You start with 12,800gp worth of gold and/or magic items.
- You may not buy rare magic items.
- Items gotten from char-gen cannot be higher than level 10.
- You can ‘purchase’ 1 grandmaster training up to level 8, but not any other types of boons.
- You receive a free level 1 wondrous magic item.